IRON HORSE Seating 4000 Series Seat Cushion Cover Replacement
The following post outlines the required tools and steps needed to replace your IRON HORSE Seating 4000 Series seat cushion cover. You may also view the IRON HORSE Seating 4000 Series – Seat Cushion Cover Replacement video as a visual aid to guide you during the replacement process.
- 3/8” Long-Handle Ratcheting Wrench
- ¼” Allen socket – 3/8” Drive
- 9/16 Socket – 3/8” Drive
- 3/8” Electric Impact Gun (Optional)
- Snap Utility Knife
- Safety Glasses
- Cardboard – to protect chair from floor
Step #1 – Prepare Area and Chair for Work
- Remove the headrest from the chair.
- Place the chair facing down so the five-star base is in the air.
Step #2 – Removal of the HD Tilt Mechanism with Star Base and Shock
- Remove the composite bezels to expose the HD tilt mechanism bolts.
- Using the ratcheting wrench, remove the four (4) 9/16 socket head bolts securing the HD tilt mechanism.
- The electric impact gun can also be utilized to remove the four (4) 9/16 socket head bolts if needed.
- NOTE – You will remove the star base and shock with the HD tilt mechanism in one collective piece.
Step #3 – Removal of the Mounting Plate
- Using the ¼” Allen socket and ratcheting wrench, remove the six (6) Allen head bolts securing the mounting plate.
- NOTE – Remove the upper bolts last while holding the mounting plate in place to prevent it from falling.
Step #4 – Removal of the Lumbar Bulb
- Remove the lumbar bulb by holding the line and pulling the bulb until they separate.
Step #5 – Seat Cushion Removal
- Unclip the seat cover from its 4/6 clip points.
- Slide off the seat cushion.
Step #6 – Seat Cover Removal
- Turn the cover inside out for better Velcro visibility.
- Un-Velcro the seat cover from the seat cushion.
- NOTE – Using your fingertips, hold down the Velcro on the seat cushion to prevent it from pulling out.
Step #7 – Seat Cover Installation
- Turn the new cover inside out for easier Velcro visibility.
- Line up the seat cover Velcro with the seat foam Velcro.
- Install the seat cover to the seat foam.
Step #8 – Reinstall the Seat Cushion
- Slide the completed seat bottom cushion onto the seat frame.
- Clip on the 4/6 seat cover clips to the seat frame clip points.
- NOTE – Make sure the clips don’t cover up the six (6) bolting points for the mounting plate.
Step #9 – Reinstall the Air Lumbar Line and Bulb
- Using the snap utility knife, create a small cut like the original cover and run the air lumbar line through.
- NOTE – If needed, a screwdriver can be used to thread the air lumbar line through the cover hole.
Step #10 – Reinstall the Mounting Plate
- Prep your six (6) Allen bolts, six (6) lock washers, and six (6) flat washers to ease installation.
- Hand thread the top bolts to help ease mounting plate installation.
- Secure and tighten the six (6) Allen bolts.
Step #11 – Reinstall the HD Tilt Mechanism with Star Base and Shock
- Prep your hardware for ease of installation.
- NOTE – each bolt should consist of one (1) bolt, (1) lock washer and two (2) flat washers.
- Begin by aligning the HD tilt mechanism with star base and shock still attached to the four (4) bolting points and hand-thread the four (4) bolts.
- Tighten the bolts using the ratcheting wrench and 9/16” socket.
- NOTE – The electric impact gun can also be utilized to make sure the bolts are properly secured.
- Reinstall the composite bezels.